Rates and FAQs:
The Cottage at Featherstone (Maximum Occupancy 8)
Rates listed below apply to both houses.
WINTER: January 2 to April 30
$200.00 per night, $1300.00 per week* (2 night min. rental) – Note: Easter Week requires 4 night min. rental).
SPRING & SUMMER: May 1st to October 3rd
$295.00 per night, $1925.00 per week* (3 night min. rental) – Note: Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day requires 4 night min. rental.
FALL PEAK LEAF SEASON: October 4th to November 11th
$325.00 per night, $2100.00 per week* (4 night min. rental)
NOVEMBER & DECEMBER: November 12 to December 31st
$295.00 per night, $1925.00 per week* (3 night min. rental) – Note: excludes Thanksgiving & Christmas/New Year's (see below)
THANKSGIVING & CHRISTMAS/NEW YEAR’S HOLIDAYS:
Thanksgiving Week (7 night min. rental) - $2100.00 per week*
Christmas thru New Year's – (10 night min. rental) - $2950.00*
*ADDITIONAL RENTAL FEES:
*ABOVE RATES ARE SUBJECT TO MANDATORY NC TAXES (9.75%)
*ALL RENTALS PAY EXIT CLEANING FEES: $125.00-$200.00 depending on number of guests. This allows an easy checkout, no need to strip beds or start laundry. When you arrive beds are made up with fresh linens & towels are provided (refer to what we provide below).
*DAMAGE/REFUNDABLE SECURITY DEPOSIT: $500.00 (authorized upon arrival)
LONGER RENTALS: We offer additional discounts for 14+ day reservations. Please inquire for more information.
SUITABILITY: Due to open staircases and loft areas, our homes are NOT suitable for toddler age children. The maximum number of children under the age of 16 is four (4).
We provide the following items in each home:
- Washer & Dryer
- Iron & Ironing Board
- All linens (sheets, towels, pillows, blankets)
- Initial supply of coffee/filter packets (for 2 pots), powdered creamer, paper products such as toilet paper, kleenex & paper towels
- Hair blow dryers in each bathroom
- Kitchen items: Fully equipped kitchen including Mr. Coffeemaker (uses flat bottom round filters), blender, hand mixer, crockpot, food processor, popcorn popper, waffle iron, dishes, pots/pans, utensils, knives, bakeware, serving pieces, salt, pepper, sugar packets, misc. spices, dishwashing detergents, dish towels & cloths
- Shampoo & Shower Gel
- Gas BBQ Grill
- Cooler & Picnic Basket
- Homes are Air conditioned and heated
- Satellite DirecTV (premium channels including music, no Pay per View), DVD player
- DSL Wireless Internet
- Land line phone for local calling
- Water is drinkable and bathable spring fed well water
You’ll need to bring or purchase once you get here:
- Toothpaste, toothbrush, toiletries
- Your own sporting supplies if you wish to fish, golf or hike including a backpack and beach towels for swimming/waterfalls.
- Food/General Groceries (grocery store is located 2.7 miles from the houses).
The grocery also has a great deli with many prepared foods in case you don’t want to cook. Wine & Beer sold in grocery store, also liquor store in same shopping center and a wine store in town.
- Grocery Stores - Both Bi-Lo and Ingle's are located within 3 miles. Fresh farmer's fruits & vegetables can be found at several locations in town (in season). Certain times of the year you can also pick your own.
- Many great restaurants within 5-10 minutes (Thai, Mexican, Italian,
Upscale dining, fast foods, local BBQ, family restaurants, Steakhouse, Coffee shops)
- Wonderful areas to walk/hike within development
- Main road is paved
- Driveway to Cottage is paved. The Pond drive is graveled but offers turn arounds if you do not have 4 wheel vehicle.
We provide information on area attractions, directions, local maps.
- You can easily base all your activities from the house –
Town of Franklin 10 minutes
Town of Highlands 25 minutes
Town of Cashiers 25 minutes
Town of Dillsboro 20 minutes
Town of Sylva 25 minutes
Nantahala Nature Center (rafting) 45 minutes
Asheville approx. 1 hour
Atlanta 2-1/2 hours
Cherokee Casino 45 Minutes
Blue Ridge Parkway 1 hour
Great Smoky Mountain National Park 1 Hour
Maggie Valley/Cataloochee approx. 1 Hour
Gatlinburg 2 Hours
Or, do nothing – pick up a few groceries, and plan to relax and enjoy the natural beauty of Western North Carolina from your home away from home.
* We are sorry for the need to charge a Security Deposit, however, our home is not a “bare bones” cabin. The Cottage is an upscale home with nice furnishings, accessories, rugs & linens. We provide the comforts of home and an environment that you will remember and want to come back to. There is nothing worse than renting a place and arriving to find that everything is in need of repair. We find that the Security Deposit simply reminds our guests that even though they are on vacation and having a fabulous time, they should take care of it as if it were their own.